Wednesday, September 01, 2010

I'm Alive (A General Update)

I know what you've been asking yourself: where the Hell has Pete been? Doesn't he EVER update this freaking thing? Well, for starters I've been extremely busy. I can barely keep new updates on Facebook current (I haven't even touched Twitter in months - it's a waste, anyway).

If it were up to me, I'd have new blog updates, new FB updates, new Podcasts on both my site and the WHOT site, I'd write a book, climb Mount Everest and build something. However, life is not up to me. By the time I get home from work I have roughly an hour and a half to spend with the Mrs., watch a little TV and pet the cat community. Then I try to spend a little time working on the WHOT archive, read some boards, watch a little baseball. The bottom line is, there's not enough hours in the day. If days were say, 30 hours long instead of 24...or, even better - 40...then I could get all kinds of crazy things done. Unfortunately, until we figure out how to inhabit the planets withe longer days, we're stuck with 24. As the kids say, it is what it is.

I can give some general updates (horn fanfare)...the archive is rolling along again after a brief break. The WHOT cassettes, for all intents and purposes, are done. I still have some stragglers, and I have to get the reel-to-reel airchecks and VHS HiFi tapes done, but those are few. Then I am going back through MY tapes and filling in the gaps. I also need to get into the cavern and start digging for missing tapes in Brooklyn. I know exactly what is missing: it's just a matter of finding them.

The show is still rolling along on the HNJ Network (Wednesday nights at 9PM ET, give or take a few minutes). We still have fun. I try to get podcasts of the shows up every week, but you know - that time thing gets in my way a lot. I still have tons of CDs to burn, tons of MP3s to tag, files to convert. It never ends.

That in mind, it's back to doing something productive...I just don't know what (yet). Until next we meet...

No comments:

Behind The Wall of Sheep

I love the Smithereens and I always have, since the first time I heard the "Especially for You"LP back in the summer of 1986. WHOT...