Friday, August 11, 2006

Successful Perseids Tonight!

Hey Kats and Kittens!

First of all - Happy Birthday, Mon! :)

Most pleased with tonight's Perseid Meteor Shower viewing! Between 8:30PM and 10:30PM ET, I saw eight (count 'em - eight!) meteors - six of them of the streaking fireball variety! Most awesome. I wasn't expecting much since all the pre-Perseid buzz has been that the show would be kind of weak because of the full moon - but I wrapped up my sky watching just as the moon came up, pretty satisfied with eight meteors!

Hope you got to see some nice ones too!

In other news...the Yankees lost tonight to the freaking Angels - a team I truly dislike -cutting the AL East lead down to two games. A lead is a lead, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Nightly Bitch: You know what? I don't think we have enough card games on TV. I think we need a few more channels carrying card games. I love when I see ESPN running "The World Series of Poker" (which apparently takes 365 days to play). Um, in case anyone didn't notice, card games are games of chance - NOT a SPORT.

Now with ESPN, ESPN2, Spike TV, TNT, Game Show Network and who knows who else showing a bunch of fat guys sitting around a table playing cards, I think we need to have "The World Series of Uno". Maybe "The World Series of Monopoly". You know, something EQUALLY as exciting.

I can't wait for TV Food Network to start up "The World Series of Deal-a-Meal".

No comments:

Behind The Wall of Sheep

I love the Smithereens and I always have, since the first time I heard the "Especially for You"LP back in the summer of 1986. WHOT...