Thursday, May 18, 2006

They're Ba-a-a-a-ck...

...and I don't mean Poltergeists in the television. I'm talking of course about the ever-dreadful Dixie Twits. You know - the ersatz-country-music trio of bleached-blonde bombettes that have decided to use their music to showcase their politics, or vice-versa (both of which are of equally dubious quality). The 'Head Twit' (and self-confessed catalyst for the music-politics crossover) is Named Natalie, in case you forgot. She's hard to miss, but could easily be mistaken for your Grandmother's lucky Bingo Troll.

When politics and music mix, nothing good can ever happen. Especially naive politics and bad music.

I look at it this way: I don't suddenly interrupt political discussions to sing country music, so I expect the same courtesy. If you're gonna put that bullsh*t in people's faces, be prepared to get bullsh*t right back. And don't complain about it.

Twits.

No comments:

Behind The Wall of Sheep

I love the Smithereens and I always have, since the first time I heard the "Especially for You"LP back in the summer of 1986. WHOT...