Wednesday, June 22, 2005

38 Big Ones

Well, today is my birthday (do do do do do do do do). Thirty-eighth birthday, to be exact. To be perfectly honest, I don't really feel that much different that when I was 18...with a few minor exceptions:

  • The back acts up a lot more.
  • In general, I get more aches and pains than I used to.
  • That receding hairline that I've always had is finally starting to mean business.
  • I can't wait as long as I used to to go pee.
  • I can't take off weight at the drop of a hat like I used to be able to.
  • Songs that used to make me say, "oh that came out a few years ago" now make me say, "wow, that came out 25 years ago".
  • Panic attacks about money come more easily and frequently now.

Regarding the last point, I'll just be happy if I'm not splitting 9-Lives with the cats after I retire. Everything else will be gravy. The way it's going - who knows?

As the Grass Roots used to say, "Sha La La La La La, Live For Today". You never know - tomorrow may suck.

Petezs

No comments:

Behind The Wall of Sheep

I love the Smithereens and I always have, since the first time I heard the "Especially for You"LP back in the summer of 1986. WHOT...