Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Until Next Year...

The NHL season came limping to an end for the hapless Islanders, with a 4-1 poorly-played loss to the Flyers. A perfect way to sum up the entire season.

It's becoming incresingly difficult to watch this once-great franchise - which used to be the benchmark for the NHL - fall further and further into the depths of dispair, thanks to mad management and idiotic ownership.

Every year, those four Stanley Cups get smaller and smaller in the rear-view mirror.

Let's not even talk about all the bells and (literal) whistles the NHL added to "bring fans back" this year. Between the never-ending penalty calls and the super-ridiculous "Euro-Shootout" tie-breakers, just watching hockey proved to be an annoying exercise.

Much as I did with last year's baseball post-season, I guess I'll keep an eye on the NHL playoffs...when I can. At the very least, for the first round, I can be a tempoarary Devils fan.

No comments:

Behind The Wall of Sheep

I love the Smithereens and I always have, since the first time I heard the "Especially for You"LP back in the summer of 1986. WHOT...