Monday, October 09, 2006

October 9th

Today is October 9th, 2006. John Lennon would have been 66 years old today. Take some time today to enjoy some of John's music if you can.

Good news: looks like I survived the first round of layoffs at work. Whew.

Could be worse: Tower Records officially put the "Going Out Of Business" signs up today. The music institution suffered from the same old story (over-expansion, slow reaction to buyers trends, stubborn refusal to change, etc.) and will soon close its' doors. Of course, Tower has not really been the same for me since the days when I used to rifle through the stacks of LPs and 45s, but it will still be sad to see it go.

Keep smilin', folks...

No comments:

Behind The Wall of Sheep

I love the Smithereens and I always have, since the first time I heard the "Especially for You"LP back in the summer of 1986. WHOT...