Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Stuff I Told People About A Year Ago

...only now The Wall Street Journal is pointing it out, too.

The Obama Economy

As the Dow keeps dropping, the President is running out of people to blame.

Americans have welcomed the Obama era in the same spirit of hope the President campaigned on. But after five weeks in office, it's become clear that Mr. Obama's policies are slowing, if not stopping, what would otherwise be the normal process of economic recovery. From punishing business to squandering scarce national public resources, Team Obama is creating more uncertainty and less confidence -- and thus a longer period of recession or subpar growth.

Addendum...

I had posted this article earlier today on Facebook and after an hour's worth of unpleasant comments that dredged up everything from the names of every politician and commentator on the right to the history of the Dow Jones Average and stimulus bills in general (er ah yeah - they never work, even ones that contain ACTUAL stimulus - I knew that already), I took it down.

The good thing about insults and name calling in lieu of an actual counter-arguement is that usually means there isn't one.

This is why I quit the debate team in high school. I not only was I giving myself ulcers, but it was getting harder and harder to fight the urges to stab people in the eye with a pin microphone - and I heard that prison was a pretty unfriendly place.

I didn't write this - the Wall Street Journal did. So please direct any insults and name-calling you may be inclined to spew as a result of the mere existence of this article to THEM, not me.

*I* on the other hand will just be sitting here twiddling my thumbs, watching my 401K and IRA evaporate to nothing. It's all good.

No comments:

Behind The Wall of Sheep

I love the Smithereens and I always have, since the first time I heard the "Especially for You"LP back in the summer of 1986. WHOT...