Happy 21st to cousin Janine...I will be thinking of shots, taco salads and more shots until the headache wears off. Oh, to be 21 again. And thanks to the weatherman for being wrong and the great weather that lasted until Monday. It's gonna be a short work week, but there's still just as much work! The horrors.
What's New This Week
Not a whole hell of a lot. We're still awaiting the arrival of Cat #2. I can't wait to see what Hobbes' reaction is going to be when the new kitten gets here. If you all see me bleeding a lot, you know the reaction wasn't GOOD.
In the CD Player: right now, I'm laughing out loud to Dave Attell's "Skanks For The Memories" stand-up CD. It's pretty frickin' funny without being annoyingly political! Still hooked on Ringo Rama...why haven't you picked it up yet?
Last week, I finally got a chance to see NOVA's "Secrets, Lies, and Atomic Spies" which aired on Tuesday the 26th. If you don't know what that was all about, it detailed the findings of The Venona Project during and after World War II. If you don't know what The Venona Project was, don't feel bad - not many people do. Don't expect to learn about it in school either, young'uns - it flies in the face of everything academia has been trying to ram down our gobs for the past 40-plus years. Venona's been back in the news lately (usually on page 110B) due to the stir being made by Ann Coulter's Treason. I found myself getting physically ill while watching this, thinking of how the Cold War and all the aggravation that came with it could have been avoided...but if you have a strong stomach for the absurd, keep an eye out for this one in TV Guide. It's a must-watch.
Monday, September 01, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Behind The Wall of Sheep
I love the Smithereens and I always have, since the first time I heard the "Especially for You"LP back in the summer of 1986. WHOT...
-
Friday, June 25th started off like any other weekday here in the Pete household. The alarm went off at 5:45 and the cats, Calvin and Hobbes,...
-
Happy Independence Day, everyone! Earlier this week at work, I was waxing nostalgic about July Fourths of my youth, taking a stroll down mem...
-
The great Northeast heatwave continues...after a few days of "not so bad" temperatures, here we are back at 96 degrees. The shade ...
No comments:
Post a Comment