Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Not Looking Good

The Rangers have been spanking the Yankees so far in the ALCS. Except for one inning in Game 1, the team has looked pretty pathetic.

Is this age finally catching up with them? Are the Rangers just unstoppable? The Yankees were in the same position in 1998 vs. the Indians and won in six games. Admittedly, we do not have an El Duque to step up and take control - we have the shaky AJ Burnett in Game 4. I guess we'll know in a few days whether or not the Yankees will be joining the Mets on the golf course or not.

BTW, I have to laugh at my Met-fan aquaintences that chose to poke fun at the fans leaving in the 9th with the Yankees down by 8 runs. Like staying there to endure watching the last four outs of an ass kicking makes you a super-duper fan. Give me a break. I guess sticking around to watch your team lose makes sense when you're used to sticking around to watch your team lose.

Hmm. I don't know. Let's take a look at a Citi Field 9th inning from late September (before the Mets were even mathematically eliminated):


Uh huh. Now shuddup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home